Sunday, July 15, 2007

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

I bought this book years ago after I finished The Da Vinci Code and wanted to read more by this author. I finally opened this book up and did not want to put it down! The Da Vinci Code was quite a phenomenom and I had to know what was so great about the book and what all the talk was about. So, I bought it thinking I would eventually get to it and it would take me a while to read. When I finally decided to read it, I finished it within just a couple of days! I loved it so much!

I needed another great fun read since I am in the middle of packing up my house once again to move across multiple states, so I pulled out Angels & Demons. I thought that it would be good, maybe not as good as The Da Vinci Code, and it would be a nice relaxing read. Once again, I loved it so much that it took me less than a week to finish it (which is quick for me being a moving mother!!). I honestly could not put the book down! I have never really been into the history of art (really anything that has to do with history!) or the hard sciences, but I found myself completely fascinated by the stories behind the different pieces of art as well as the descriptions of the science matters. And, the ambigrams that were incorporated were amazing. I kept turning back to look at them -- they were so fascinating to me. They reminded me of Escher's work where I can look at them from so many different angles, seeing the same thing but yet not! I really have no idea about the true history of the Illuminati and whether it really existed, but I was hooked. I love the main character, Robert Langdon. He is such a likeable guy that is intelligent and mysterious all in one package. I loved the twists and turns the book took me on. This was such a fun read that I may have to go back and read it again some day, just as I will The Da Vinci Code. I cannot wait to read more by Dan Brown!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I know, I loved these books! I keep wanting to read both of them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book too. I started reading it right before I had Nora and did not get a chance to finish it. I started it again in May and read it in about 3 days. I was hooked as soon as I started. I loved the twists and turns as well. I thought that it would be like The Da Vinci Code but I was really surprised by how good it was. I enjoyed it as much as The Da Vinci Code, maybe a little more. I thought that the plot was awesome and very unique. I wish that I would have read this one before The Da Vinci Code though because I think I would have understood more about Langdon's character if I would have read A & D first. Still, great book!! I would defiantly recommend it to anyone!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for your comments! I love to hear reader's thoughts and respond to each one within the comment section. Please feel free to subscribe to the comment feed to ensure you can fully participate in the conversations.

Comments on posts older than 14 days are first approved through comment moderation. Word verification should not be turned on, so please notify me if it randomly appears.