Monday, August 20, 2007

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King (Collector's Pop-Up Version)

This book is an adapted version of King's novel, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon; however, it is a pop-up collector's edition. Because it is a pop-up book, it is has been drastically cut down to accomodate this format. I believe that it leaves out many of the details that make the story complete, coming across as very choppy and staggered.

Really, I don't have a lot to say on this book, but I did want to add it to my reviews. So, basically, I will keep it short and to the point. I thought that the artwork was good, the idea creative, but for lack of a better word, overall, I felt it weird. It is not appropriate for children, which is the target audience for pop-up books. I don't feel it is on the same level as graphic novels targeted for an adult audience. In fact, I'm not entirely sure who this book was targeted for.

Don't get me wrong . . . I LOVE Stephen King! I think he has the power, the imagination and creativity, and the talent to address some of people's worst fears and to thoroughly develop his characters. He is just a dang good writer, and I think that his success proves that. I just think that this book (and I am strictly speaking in regards to this pop-up version) is far from his best work! Being a King fan, I am glad that I have added it to my collection, but I am even happier that I only paid $1.99 for it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for your comments! I love to hear reader's thoughts and respond to each one within the comment section. Please feel free to subscribe to the comment feed to ensure you can fully participate in the conversations.

Comments on posts older than 14 days are first approved through comment moderation. Word verification should not be turned on, so please notify me if it randomly appears.