Monday, August 13, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

The final installment in my beloved Harry Potter series was finally released last month on July 21, 2007. I, of course, picked my book up at exactly at 12:01 a.m. and began reading it as soon as I got home! A little over 25 hours later, I had finished the book! (I would have finished sooner, but my husband seemed to think that I had to help pack considering we were moving in less than a week! You can attribute this crazy move across multiple states -- AGAIN!! -- to my lack of posting lately, not my lack of reading!)

Anyways, what did I think? I LOVED IT!! I personally felt that it wrapped things up nicely, though I was not always happy with some of the many deaths that occur in the book. (Don't worry . . . I won't give away any details here for those that have not read it yet!) I read through it so quickly, however, that I don't feel that I had the time to truly enjoy the final chapter of the series. I plan to re-read it someday, but I will probably start from the beginning and read all seven books at once. There are so many things that are mentioned throughout the entire series that come into play in the seventh book. I just want to make sure that I catch everything!

This is the kind of series that I plan to read over and over and over again! I am sad that I will never again be able to read it for the first time, but when my son gets old enough I will be able to watch him experience it for the first time! It is amazingly written, so creative, and so easy for many children (and adults) to relate to. I love that it helped children get back in to reading -- that they now know that reading can be more than just an assignment in school -- FUN!! And, knowing how the book is wrapped up, I can hope that many parents can see the lessons that are taught in these books and STOP the banning of this series! It truly is more than just a great read . . . it can teach kids about making good choices and having faith, among many other things.

If you want to discuss more about Harry Potter and read more of my thoughts, please feel free to check out my blog strictly devoted to the series and movies at Talking Potterese. You can also find some yummy recipes and great links to other HP sites, besides my great conversation! :)

1 comment:

  1. Tif, I thought this book was AWESOME!!! I'm looking forward to you posting details on your Potterese blog. I want to discuss some of the main parts.... I just loved this book! I thought there were so many parts that were exciting, tear-jerking, touching.... I liked that there were lots of people who rose to the occasion and showed their true good colors. :) What a great book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for your comments! I love to hear reader's thoughts and respond to each one within the comment section. Please feel free to subscribe to the comment feed to ensure you can fully participate in the conversations.

Comments on posts older than 14 days are first approved through comment moderation. Word verification should not be turned on, so please notify me if it randomly appears.