Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reading Resolutions

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

This year has been a great year for reading for me! I feel good about the books that I have read and I believe that my reviews have progressively improved since I first started this blog. (I hope that my readers agree!!) I am looking forward to another great year in 2009. In fact, I wanted to share a few of my personal reading resolutions for this upcoming year:
  1. Double the amount of reviews that I write! I know that this may be a lofty goal, but I truly believe that I can meet this goal, especially when you read some of my additional goals below. The way I see it, I had 53 reviews in 2008. Some of these reviews included multiple books, but I want to increase my number of reviews (not books!) based on this set number. So, all in all, my goal is 100 reviews for 2009 . . . a little short of double, but a nice round number nonetheless!
  2. Complete ALL challenges that I am currently signed up for and for those that I sign up for in the future months. Since I am a first time challenger this year, I will try to be realistic and sign up for a reasonable amount of challenges! I will post periodically in regards to my updates! Today's update: 4 total challenges (details on 2 more coming soon!), 3 just beginning, 1 almost done (half a book left).
  3. Review more children's books. This is one that I have been wanting to do for some time now. I love children's books, read quite a few of them with my two kids, and know many of my friends that are always looking for good ones. I have decided to make it a personal goal of mine during these next few years to read all prize winners (e.g., children, adults, fiction, non-fiction, etc.). This year's award that I will be focusing on is those books that have received the Caldecott Medal (the honor of the best children's picture book of the year). I will post the list of award winners in the near future for my own personal interest and for anyone else that may be interested.

That's it! As I review my reading resolutions for the year, I feel really positive that I will be able to meet these goals! I do have a busy year, but I remain confident . . . we will see if it lasts!!

Now, my questions for you . . . do you have any 2009 reading resolutions? If so, what are they? Please feel free to share them here or post a link to your blog in the comments section. I want to hear your ambitions too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for your comments! I love to hear reader's thoughts and respond to each one within the comment section. Please feel free to subscribe to the comment feed to ensure you can fully participate in the conversations.

Comments on posts older than 14 days are first approved through comment moderation. Word verification should not be turned on, so please notify me if it randomly appears.