Monday, January 26, 2009

These Books Were Made For Walking! (January)


Strumpet over at Strumpet's Life has started a new monthly meme . . . These Books Were Made For Walking!! Here's her quick description . . . "Every third Wednesday of the month . . . I thought we could blog about a book and travel in some way." This month's theme: beach reads!! I've posted my response below, but I would also love to hear what you have to say as well!

What book do you most associate with the beach and why?

I don't actually have one particular book that I associate with the beach. In fact, I have not been to the beach in so long, that I sometimes wonder if I would remember what it looks like!! Just kidding!! How could I forget one of my favorite places to relax?!?! Hopefully, in the near future, we will be back within driving distance! Anyways, I digress . . . back to beach reads . . . like I mentioned, I don't associate one particular book with the beach, but I do associate particular authors. When I'm chillin' on the beach, I like to read what I call "brain candy." For me, that is absolutely nothing complex, but rather something just for fun, something that does not require my full attention at all times, something that I can easily set aside without forgetting the story line or getting lost in the details. As I think about all these things, one author in particular comes to mind for me . . . James Patterson!! His short chapters and fun reads are just perfect for lying on the beach with! Hmmm . . . do you think that if I pick up one of his books now that I would be able to at least imagine myself laying on a beach instead being in this frigid weather?!?! Maybe I should give it a try!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing!! I love the term brain candy! It's such a perfect description!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for your comments! I love to hear reader's thoughts and respond to each one within the comment section. Please feel free to subscribe to the comment feed to ensure you can fully participate in the conversations.

Comments on posts older than 14 days are first approved through comment moderation. Word verification should not be turned on, so please notify me if it randomly appears.