Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mother Osprey: Nursery Rhymes for Buoys & Gulls by Lucy Nolan


Do you remember Mother Goose? Of course you do!! Who doesn't, right?!?! Well, author Nolan decided to give Mother Goose a little twist and the result is Mother Osprey! Instead of a lamb, Mary has a clam! The old woman lives in a shell instead of a shoe! And, imagine sticking your little finger in a pie to find a pinching surprise!! Nolan does an amazing job of keeping the same rhythm to each of the diddies, but she puts a unique spin on each one! I was not only impressed, but as I read through it with my daughter, I found myself giggling at the author's wit!

Mother Osprey is published by Sylvan Dell; therefore, for those who don't already know, these can also be very educational books as well! Additional resources associated with the rhymes can be found in the final pages of the book as well as online by clicking here. In fact, if you would like to peruse the book, the publisher is offering a limited time e-book version here. I'm personally thankful for the physical copy that I will be able to carry with me as we visit the locations described (and there is even a map in the back to help you find your way)!

Would you like to try to win a FREE copy of this book to carry with you on your adventures? I'm having a giveaway of it that will end tomorrow, August 31, 2009 at 11:59 pm!! Click here for more information and to enter.

Looking for additional reviews?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for your comments! I love to hear reader's thoughts and respond to each one within the comment section. Please feel free to subscribe to the comment feed to ensure you can fully participate in the conversations.

Comments on posts older than 14 days are first approved through comment moderation. Word verification should not be turned on, so please notify me if it randomly appears.